Warm Chickpea Salad
Summer is full swing and this delicious salad is perfect for hot summer days! Best part is, it’s packed with protein too. You’ll absolutely love it! It’s one of those indulgent “Big” salads – and a quickie meal for one. Of course you can also make it to feed the fam, just double or triple the recipe, depending on how many big and little mouths you want to feed.
What you need (based on a single serving):
- Can of Chickpeas (rinse about 1/3 of the can and use the other 2/3 for another great dish)
- Mixed Greens
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced and/or grated
- one tomato, quartered
- half of an avocado, diced
- 3-4 teaspoons of tahini
- the juice of half a lemon
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
What you do:
- Dressing: Add all ingredients in a measuring cup or bowl, whisk together with a fork
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix the dressing thoroughly through the salad
It’s that easy. And it’s not an exact science. Free-pour, throw in a dash of your favourite herbs, add in extra veggies, sprinkle some bacon bits, shred in that last bit of kale – it’s such a simple recipe and doesn’t require much in the way of technical skill.
If you want to swap the protein in this one, get creative or just use up last night’s leftovers, it’s pretty accommodating:
- Chunk up some chicken
- Thinly slice cold beef
- Shred up some grilled salmon
- Fry up a few shrimp or toss in some mussels
- Grate in your favourite cheese
You can prep and be eating within five minutes (once that hard-boiled egg is ready).
Bon Appetit! xo