Thai Red Curry Chicken
I am lucky enough to know an amazing friend, colleague and super mom Maria Arangio who treated me to a to this delicious home cooked meal (I honestly thought I was at a restaurant). I just had to share her recipe! If you want a quick (about 20 minutes), easy meal with a bit of kick – this is the one! Enjoy! We even have a free printable at the end of the post 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Brown rice (or other variety), cooked 2 cup
- Coconut oil 1 tsp
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced thin 2 cup
- Onion, chopped 1/2 cup
- Carrot, julienne 1/2 cup
- Zucchini, julienne 1/2 cup
- Asian eggplant, cubed 1/2 cup
- Green Beans, blanched, whole, ends trimmed 1/2 cup
- Thai Red Curry Paste (Blue Dragon brand) 2 tbsp
- Coconut Milk 350 mL
- Vermouth 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crispy onions 2 tbsp
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Heat coconut oil in large fry pan.
2. Add onion and chicken; satay until cooked. Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add carrot, zucchini,asian eggplant and green beans.
4. Cook for 3 minutes until veggies are tender but crisp.
5. Add vermouth; cook down for 2 minutes.
6. Add thai red curry paste and coconut milk. Stir and simmer for 3 minutes.
7. Plate 1 cup of cooked rice per person and top with half of prepared Thai Red Curry Chicken each; garnish with crispy onions.