Spiralizer Sweet Potato Rice
Are you looking to reduce the Starches in your Diet?
Are you just looking for a different take on the “Same-Old” Meals
Check out a new take on Vegetables! The Spiralizer! Turn Cucumber into Lettuce, Turn Zucchini into Zoodles, Turn Sweet Potato into Rice….and so much more.
In this Simple Recipe, we are going to make a main dish full of Vegetables!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 Sweet Potatoes (peeled)
- 1 Can of Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 Can of Corn (drained)
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 Cup of Cilantro
- 1/2 Cup of broth (vegetable or chicken)
- 1 tsp of Lime Zest
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste.
- Sour Cream (optional)
WHAT YOU DO:
- Using your Spiralizer on the fine spaghetti setting, spiralize both sweet potatoes. Lay the Spiralized Potatoes on a cutting board and dice into to “rice-size” pcs. * A Julienne Peeler will also work but may increase the cook time slightly.
- Add Oil to 12″ saute pan and heat to med-high.
- Once heated, add sweet potato, stirring regularly.
- After 4-5 Min (sweet Potatoes should be cooked tenderly)
- Add Broth, Lime Zest, Lime Juice, Corn, Black Beans, tomatoes and Salt. Heat for 2-3 more min, or until hot.
- Just before Serving, add cilantro.
- Serve with Sour Cream (optional)
Need More info on the Spiralizer – get in touch with Danielle!
Meal Planning, Meals in Minutes and Independant Consultant for the Pampered Chef
Danielle’s Pampered Kitchen..Healthy Meals in Minutes