Show MOM how “GRATE” she is….
I always like to have a little fun in the kitchen, whether it be by trying something new, or just channeling my inner crafty side and having fun with food. Crafting with food is nice because you eat the finished product, it doesn’t pile up on a counter in your kitchen for months while you try to figure out what to do with it!
Today let’s look at something we can create for Mom on her special day. Get the kids to help, or just surprise her with these delicious little things.
Quiche Lorraine Tartlets
These little Tartlets are breakfast version of the two-bite brownie, plus they are simple and fun.
What you need:
– 1 pkg (350g) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts), softened according to the package directions
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup half and half
– 1/8 tsp salt
– 4 slices cooked bacon
– 1/2 med rep pepper
– 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
– 1/2 cup grated swiss cheese
– 12 grape tomatoes
– coarsely ground black pepper
– additional chopped fresh chives or green onion (optional)
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Unroll one pie crust onto a lightly floured counter/surface. Spacing closely together, cut 12 disks from crust using biscuit cutters (approximately 3-inch diamaeter). A cup or Measure-all will work as a good substitute.
2. Take the cut disks and press them into the wells of the mini muffin pan using the tart shaper. If no tart shaper use your fingers.
3. Whisk eggs, half & half, and salt in a mixing bowl with a pour spout.
4. Finely chop bacon, chives and pepper (use a paper towel to squeeze excess water out of pepper). Place in a mixing bowl. Add cheese. Mix well.
5. Pour egg mixture evenly into tart shells, sprinkle with the cheese mixture.
6. Cut tomatoes in half crosswise and place one on top of each tartlet, cut side up.
7. Sprinkle with pepper.
8. Bake 14 to 16 minutes – until eggs are set.
9. Garnish with chives/green onions and enjoy!
Show your mom/wife/motherly figure, she’s one in a MELON…lol
Subscribe to my newsletter HERE