Shine on! How to style sequins
Tippi Sweater from J.Crew, Earrings my own – Similar found at Banana Republic, Metal Frame Snake Skin Clutch from Banana Republic, Shoes my own – Similar found at Ssense, Sequined Skirt from H&M, Faux-Fur Snood my own – Similar found at Indigo
Sequin details seem to be shining everywhere these days. Whether they are adorning a piece of clothing or embellishing a throw pillow, sequins are a fun way to incorporate a bit of sparkle into your home and wardrobe.
Here are a couple of tips to keep in mind, if you plan on styling with sequins.
- Avoid head to toe sequins. Hello, disco ball!
- Mix your sequin item with an article of clothing that is more subtle with minimal detail. Remember, less bedazzle and more balance.
- Sequins in a multitude of colours can be scary and may cause blindness (wink, wink).
- If sequined clothing is just too much for you, consider accessorizing your outfit with a sequin statement piece like a bag, a pair of shoes or even a slick of nail polish.
- At home, less is more when it comes to accenting your sofa with a sequined throw pillow. Choose one or two (no more!) to be the focal point.
Graelian Bag from Aldo
Blazer with Sequins from Zara
Sequined Table Runner from H&M
Long Earrings with Tassels from H&M
Sophia Pumps in Sequin from J.Crew
Mini Paint Pot Nail Polish and Effects by Ciaté London from Sephora
Mermaid 2-Tone Sequin Throw Pillow by The Watson Shop from Wayfair.ca
Sequined Sleep Mask from H&M