One-pot baked pasta
Whenever I ask what I should make for dinner, the answer is always PASTA!!! This pasta is a go-to in our house, a favourite for those busy nights. Its well received by kids and adults – there’s just something comforting with Spaghetti.
And what’s better than a good meal that’s quick and simple to prepare?
Easy clean up!!
If you could prepare a delicious pasta meal and only clean up one pan with a total prep time of approximately 30 minutes, would that make your night?
Sure it would!
Does having the right tools in your kitchen aid in making your meals quicker and easier?
Pull out your oven-safe and stove-top safe Dutch Oven. If you don’t have one, you can check out my favourite one here It’s called a RockCrok and it is a ceramic coated stone (all natural) – a must-have tool for your kitchen. I use this item at least 3 to 4 times per week.
Let’s “ROCK” this Pasta.
What you need:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large cooking onion
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms (optional)
- 2-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 cans of San Marzano tomatoes (diced tomatoes will work too)
- 1/2 can of tomato paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups of water
- 1 package spaghetti pasta (not prepared)
- Parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded (optional)
See the Video of this recipe:
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat Dutch Oven at med-high on stove top. Add oil.
- Add onions and mushrooms and stir until onions are cooked (translucent) 3-5 min.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more
- Add tomatoes, paste, oregano, and bay leaf. Stir. If needed blend here.
- Add water and pasta and bring to a boil.
- Ensure Pasta is submerged in sauce/water. Put the lid on.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes with the lid on.
- Add Mozzarella cheese to top, broil for 5 minutes with lid removed.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and serve with Parmesan and parsley along with your Favourite Salad.
Add-on: Meatballs or Ground Beef make Excellent add-ins here! Go with what you have and make it your own!
What is your family’s favourite meal? Please share with me in the comments below!
For More information on the Products or Other Tools for your Kitchen, contact: Danielle@daniellereid.ca
Independent Consultant for the Pampered Chef & Master Meal Planner