Lettuce Wraps in a SNAP!
Are you looking for a new “GO-TO” healthy meal that can be prepared in under 15 min? This meal will be enjoyed by the whole family. Look no further, I’ve got your new recipe!
It’s so fast and so good, you’ll rely on it each and every time. Make sure to have some chicken prepared in advance (leftovers are awesome here). Get ready and hold on tight cause this moves as fast as you need it to.
What You Need:
- Lettuce (either Leaf or Romaine) Washed and separated.
- Chicken – approx 3 Breasts cooked and sliced into strips (pork or Steak are “GRATE” substitutes)
- 1 bag of Broccoli Slaw
- 2 -3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1/2 Onion cut into strips
- 1 pepper (I like Red) cut into strips.
- 2 tbsp of Sesame Oil
- 1/3 cup of your favorite Peanut Satay Sauce
- 1/4 Peanuts Chopped (garnish)
- Sweet Chili Sauce (garnish)
What You Do:
- Prep all ingredients specified above and have them ready.
- In your favorite 11-12″ non-stick skillet on med-high heat, heat Sesame Oil and Garlic for 2 min, Stirring frequently.
- Add Onions and Broccoli Slaw, Stir for 3-5 min.
- Add Red Pepper, Stir for approx 1-2 min.
- Add the Peanut Satay Sauce, mix well with the vegetables.
- Prepare an assembly Line (like the one shown above). Start with Lettuce (If using Romaine, use it like a Taco, it’d stiff spine will prevent rolling), place Chicken, then Vegetable Mixture, garnish with Peanuts and Sweet Chili Sauce. Enjoy! So Simple and So Good!
Note: Use can always use traditional tortilla wraps instead to add more substance to the meal.
Meal Planning, Meals in Minutes and Independant Consultant for the Pampered Chef
Danielle’s Pampered Kitchen..Healthy Meals in Minutes