Chocolate Chia Pudding with Banana and Pumpkin Seeds
So as a mom we are constantly struggling to find the energy to get through the day. I am trying so hard to avoid coffee although there are days where this is near impossible. A lovely holistic nutritionist Andrea Lebovic Haworth suggested that I try Chia pudding as energy boost. And I have to say that I am now hooked…the best part is Chia is that it is full of Omegas and lots of fibre! Here is my take on Energy-charged Chocolate Chia Pudding (modified from Andrea’s recipe). I definitely feel like it gives me the boost I need for the morning. You can check out more of Andrea’s healthy tips on Instagram.
What you need:
- 3 tablespoons of Chia seeds
- 1 cup of Coconut or Almond Milk (I prefer Coconut but it’s up to you)
- a splash of vanilla
- a teaspoon of cinnamon
- half a tablespoon of Cocoa (I like Fry’s)
- a splash of maple syrup or honey (of course the natural and pure forms are best) *This is to sweeten – so up to you if you want to include
- one sliced banana
- a handful of pumpkin seeds (which are also great for energy)
- a mason jar or a container with a lid
What you do:
- Pour a cup of coconut or almond milk into a jar, add chia seeds, vanilla, cinnamon, cocoa, and maple syrup.
- Mix very well with a spoon. Place lid on jar and tighten. Shake.
- Put the mixture in the back of the fridge overnight. The mixture should turn into pudding. Chia seeds when hydrated become gelatinous. (*there are times depending on how much liquid you use, that the mixture may not be as solid as you would have hoped. You can always place in the freezer for a little while to have chocolate Chia pudding for breakfast instead)
- Remove the Chia pudding from the fridge or freezer. Open and mix with a spoon. Add sliced banana and pumpkin seeds to the top. Stick your spoon in and enjoy!